Recipe shared by @baking_taitai
150g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
10pcs SIS Coconut Sugar Cubes
1 large egg
200ml UHT coconut milk
15ml cooking oil
- Melt coconut sugar cubes with water in a saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally until the cubes have completely dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- Measure and mix all dry ingredients well together. Set aside.
- In a measuring cup, add in coconut sugar syrup and the rest of the wet ingredients. Mix well together.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, mix till batter is smooth & well combined.
- Preheat the waffle pan over medium heat for about 30 secs, spray cooking oil on the inner surface of the pan so that the waffle can be removed easily after cooking.
- Pour adequate batter into the heated pan, cover and cook for about 6 minutes or more until golden and slightly crisp. (time differs depending on the type of waffle maker you use)
- Cool on a wiring rack to let waffles become crispier before serving.