250g butter, chopped
200g SIS Brown Sugar
1 tbsp ground ginger
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup plain flour
3 1/2 cup self-raising flour
1/2 cup golden syrup
Candy canes and sprinkles for decorating
60g egg white
330g SIS Icing Sugar
- In a food processor, mix butter, eggs, golden syrup, and SIS Brown Sugar until fully combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk self-raising flour and plain flour, cinnamon and ginger and add to the food processor on high speed until fully combined.
- Dust the working area with flour and pour out the mixture and knead until smooth.
- Roll into a flat dough to about 5mm thick and place onto a tray. Chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Cut out shapes using templates you have prepared.
- Bake all pieces at 180°C for 15-20 mins or until golden brown.
- Leave them to cool completely before assembling.
- Prepare the royal icing. In a large bowl, whisk egg white until frothy. Add SIS Icing Sugar at interval at low speed until mixture is shiny. Increase the speed to high until stiff, glossy peaks are formed.
- Transfer the icing to a pastry bag.
- To assemble, start with the walls, using royal icing to join them together.
- Once the royal icing on the walls is dried, you can work on the roof.
- Complete the decoration with candy canes and sprinkles. Leave it to dry. Gingerbread house can be kept up to 1 week.