100g SIS Caster Sugar
90g SIS Icing Sugar
100g egg white
Pinch of salt
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
Food colouring (optional)
- Preheat the oven at 90°C. Line baking sheet on a baking tray and set aside.
- Whisk egg whites and salt using an electric mixer on low-medium speed until soft peaks start to form.
- While the mixer is running, add SIS Caster Sugar, one tablespoon at a time, on medium-high speed until stiff peaks are formed.
- Add vanilla extract for another 30 seconds then stop the mixer.
- Add SIS Icing Sugar and fold gently into the mixture using a spatula until smooth and combined. Add in food colouring if you are using.
- Fill mixture into a piping bag and pipe onto the prepared baking tray.
- Bake at 105°C for 1 hour using the lowest rack in the oven, until the meringues are dry.
- Once the baking time is up, turn off the oven and let them inside the oven with the door closed for additional 2 hours.
- The meringue kisses should be crisp and good to keep for 2 weeks in an airtight container.