8 pandan leaves, wash and dry
500g chicken thigh
1 teaspoon fish sauce
1 teaspoon SIS Fine Grain Sugar
½ tablespoon oyster sauce
⅛ teaspoon pepper
⅛ teaspoon sesame oil
¼ cup fresh grated ginger juice
For Dipping Sauce
½ tablespoon white sesame, toasted
2 tablespoon SIS Fine Grain Sugar
1 tablespoon water
2 tablespoon light soy sauce
1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- Cut the chicken into 8 pieces of equal size.
- In a bowl, add fish sauce, oyster sauce, SIS Fine Grain Sugar, pepper, sesame oil, ginger juice until combined.
- Add chopped chicken to marinate and chill in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Wrap a piece of chicken with a pandan leaf, use a toothpick to secure meat and leaf, to ensure that the meat does not fall out when frying.
- In a frying pan, add vegetable oil for deep frying. Add the wrapped chicken when the oil is hot and deep fry until golden brown, or the leaves become crispy.
- Transfer them to a serving plate lined with kitchen towel to remove excess oil.
- Prepare the dipping sauce. Add all the ingredients, mix until the sugar dissolve. Serve together with the deep fried pandan chicken.